Thursday, June 08, 2006

The 5th option

Life it occurs to me is always a little more complex than we at first think it is. For example: I decide to record a song. For this I need a guitar, some thing to record on and a place to record. Guitar: check. Place: check (pre-arranged). Equipment: check.
And so I walk to the tin man's house to see if now is a good time for him to give me the keys to said hall. Alas, the tin man still has not been given a heart yet by the wizard (who has gone out for a while) and refuses to relinquish the keys until the Chromester is consulted [fountain of all knowledge and head of the normal police]. The chromester is asleep. 2 hours later I return. Tin man informs me that despite all predictions The Chromed one has agreed to my request. But first I must consult the wicked witch of the south to see if she will give me permission. Armed with a bucket of water I trudge to the south - of course no phone system is available, not even some form of primitive jungle drums and so all errands must be run on foot. I finally scale the castle walls and the witch reluctantly gives permission for me to go back to see tin man so that I can then go to get the keys and then go up to the hall to start recording. I trudge onwards.

I arrive at the hall armed to the teeth with a guitar, a capo wrestled from the hands of a pygmy savage who is convinced that it is her most prized possession, and a set of keys. Entering the hall I discover that someone HAS MOVED ALL THE EQUIPMENT SO I CAN'T DO ANYTHING! It turns out that it's behind another locked door for which you need another set of keys. At this juncture I give up.

In terms of lessons for life, from that episode (and several more like it) I have deduced the following. In any given drama there are 3 normal positions: victim, rescuer and persecutor. The circle will self replicate unless you can take the 4th option: engaging the adult. Viz: be mature. The gross mistake made by all people who propose such a construct of social and personal interaction is that they have forgotten the 5th option: the recourse to immaturity.

Thankfully it was pointed out to me by my very good friend 'The Lick' and so now life has a whole new range of colour. Lick has also supplied such innocent gems as: "if it's below the belt I'll do it" and "your new nickname could be: buttholio".

Life continues as normal.

3 Comments:

Blogger bumunu said...

It intrigues me that you have "life continues as normal" at the bottom of your post. Normal in most cases indicates a state of being that is almost dull. Your life, (or at least those which you hi-light in your posts) appears not exactly dull. But then maybe it's just the colour of highlighter you use...

3:26 AM

 
Blogger The Heir said...

guybo! still alive eh... 4 weeks to go man, count 'em- 4 (use ur fingers) im assuming 'the lick' is who i think it is (?) and that she still owes me an email... as do u btw, or maybe a fone call could be in order from the sound of that post, let me know the time and the number, we'll hook it up! also, i charged my australian fone for the first time since getting back so that i can get the number for john cleese's double and do something about that.,
Hold on down there mate!! Love Ya!!

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Daf said...

hmmm a day in the life of guy demonstrating sods law in action :) when are you coming home? I have a belated birthday prese for you, but no point posting it if you will leave before it arrives. (on that note please email your postcodde i'm sure it would help things). love you lots, may the force be with you, D

10:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home